Are you suffering from acne? Have you tried almost every acne treatment and nothing seems to be working for you?
Having acne can be stressful and can sometimes lead to depression. We all want a natural, beautiful glowing skin without makeup. But for some of us, acne keeps standing on our way.
There are many acne treatments and you just have to nee trying them all until you find the one that will work for you.
In this article we will get into details concerning Adapalene and Tretinoin, they are both acne medications that work differently.
Adapalene is a medication used to treat acne and can reduce the number and severity of acne pimples and quickly heal pimples that develop. Adapalene is similar to vitamin A in a way that helps the skin renew itself. It is available in different forms such as cream, gel, and lotion.
HOW TO USE ADAPALENE
- Firstly you wash your face or affected area thoroughly a g gently with a mild soapless cleanser and then pat dry with a face towel.
- Make sure your hands are washed and clean before touching the medication to apply on your skin.
- Then you’ll use your fingertips to gently apply
- You apply once every day during bedtime.
PRECAUTIONS OF ADAPALENE
- The medication is strictly for the skin only, avoid applying on your mouth, inner lip area or inside your nose
- If the medication gets into your eyes accidentally, immediately wash with a lot of water.
- Strictly wash your hands after using the medication in order to avoid getting it into your eyes accidentally.
- Use the medication every day, at the very same time, and don’t use it more often than recommended by the doctor as it may lead to peeling of your skin.
PROS OF ADAPALENE
- Works on mild cases of acne and try to locate and fix the problem from within the skin.
- Its very effective for even non-inflammatory acne
- Reduces blemishes because it is a topical retinoid that is known for its scar reducing properties.
CONS OF ADAPALENE
- When using Adapalene you may experience side effects such as redness, swelling, itching et.c
- The medication should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women
- When you have sunburn or eczema, avoid using the medication
Also known as all-trans retinoic acid, Tretinoin is a medication used to treat acne and acute promyelocytic leukemia. When treating leukemia it is taken by mouth for about three months and for treating acne it is applied on the skin as a cream.
Most people who suffer from acne respond pretty well to this medication.
CONS OF TRETINOIN
- You experience dry skin, bleaching, and peeling of the skin
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women cannot use the medication.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADAPALENE AND TRETINOIN
Adapalene was developed specifically to treat acne and targets the causes of acne while Tretinoin was not specifically developed to treat acne as it can also treat leukemia.
Vinegar as we know it has found its place in our kitchen and has been in use for centuries, as far as memory kind hold. Vinegar is been used as an ingredient for baking, making salad dressings, as a...
We have so far looked at what grape vinegar is, their categories, the benefits of grape vinegar, and we also look at the side effects of grape vinegar, and the benefits of grape vinegar for hair. We...