First of all, what is rosacea?
Rosacea is a condition whereby cert facial blood vessels enlarge, giving the cheeks and most a flushed appearance. It results in redness, pimples, swelling, and a small superficial dilated blood vessels.
What are the symptoms of rosacea?
Other symptoms of rosacea include:
- Stinging and burning of your skin
- Patches of rough dry skin
- Broken blood vessels on your eyelids
- Large pores and swollen bulb-shaped nose
What are the types of rosacea?
There are only four types of rosacea, which are:
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea: It is associated with facial redness flushing and visible blood vessels.
- Papulopustular rosacea: It looks like acne breakouts and is more likely to affect middle-aged women.
- Rhinophyma Rosacea: This rare type of rosacea mostly affects men, making the skin and nose become thick.
- Ocular rosacea: This type of rosacea affects the eye area.
What causes rosacea?
Although the exact cause is still unknown, researchers have presented various factors and the disorder’s origin which have related to its primary outward symptoms. Here we have listed the main factors that have been men by studies to be possible causes of rosacea:
1. Skin peptides:
External triggers like ultraviolet light, spicy foods, alcohol, stress e.t.c can lead to the activation of molecules in the skin call peptides. An increased number of peptides may result in affecting the immune system or nerves and blood vessels, causing dilation of blood vessels, redness, and inflammation.
Rosacea is more common in families which means it is passed from one generation to another.
3. Helicobacter pylori bacteria:
These bacteria are found on the digestive system and maybe a possible cause of rosacea. It is believed to stimulate the production of a protein called bradykinin known to cause blood vessels to expand.
4. Microscopic mites:
The MICROSCOPIC mites also called Demodex Folliculonin are mites that live in the human skin peacefully but large numbers of these microscopic mites can cause rosacea.
5. Blood vessel abnormalities
Researchers believe that abnormalities in the blood vessels of the face may be a major contributing factor for rosacea, explaining symptoms of flushing, persistent redness and visible blood vessels.
Best over the counter moisturizer for rosacea
Here are some of the best moisturizers that will leave your skin looking clear, calm and soft: Best Hydrocortisone Cream – Hydrocortisone Cream For Face
1. Robin McGraw revelation hydra quench moisturizing night cream
The cream contains both hyaluronic acid and olive oil-derived squalane to help build up the skin’s moisture
2. Blossance squalane + vitamin c rose oil
The moisturizer features plant-derived squalane a compound that helps the skin barrier attain moisture without clogging pores. The vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and helps relieve the skin from rosacea.
3. Naturopathic calendula essential hydrating cream
This is a nourishing, deeply moisturizing cream that contains anti-inflammatory calendula extract to soothe, dry sensitive skin and conditioning borage seed oil to help soften the skin.
4. EltaMD am therapy facial moisturizer
The moisturizer melts on the skin and retains 90% of the skin’s moisture for 13 hours. It also soothes irritations, redness, and flaking of chronic and post-procedure skin.
5. Cetaphil redness relieving daily facial moisturizer
The moisturizer immediately neutralizes redness and evens the skin tone, it is formulated with licorice extract allantois and caffeine and is designed to calm and soothe skin prone to redness. It has been proven to reduce rosacea very effectively.
You May Also Like This:
- Top 10 Best Full Coverage Foundation For Oily Skin
- Top 10 Best Toning Cream For Dark Skin
- 15 Best Skin Lightening Cream For Dark Skin
- 15 Best Cream For Dark Skin Tone
- Best Skin Care Products For 40-Year-Olds
- 10 BEST ANTI – AGING SKIN CARE PRODUCTS FOR 30S
- Top 10 Best Moisturizer For Dry Aging Skin
- How To Take Care Of Skin After 40 Years
- Best Skin Whitening Soap That Is Really Effective
- 1 What are the symptoms of rosacea?
- 2 What are the types of rosacea?
- 3 What causes rosacea?
- 4 1. Skin peptides:
- 5 2. Genetics:
- 6 3. Helicobacter pylori bacteria:
- 7 4. Microscopic mites:
- 8 5. Blood vessel abnormalities
- 9 Best over the counter moisturizer for rosacea
- 10 1. Robin McGraw revelation hydra quench moisturizing night cream
- 11 2. Blossance squalane + vitamin c rose oil
- 12 3. Naturopathic calendula essential hydrating cream
- 13 4. EltaMD am therapy facial moisturizer
- 14 5. Cetaphil redness relieving daily facial moisturizer