Burnt hair can be caused by different reasons, but the common reasons are fire burnt hair and chemical burnt hair. In the section, we will be looking at chemically burnt hair repair.
Burned hair topics
|What is bleach burned hair or chemical burn on scalp?|
|Chemical burnt hair|
|Natural home remedy for burned hair|
|Coconut milk and ice remedy|
|How to fix burnt hair without cutting it|
|Home remedies for chemically burnt hair|
|How to prevent a chemical burn from hair bleach|
|Before and after you bleach hair, follow these remedies|
|Does burnt hair grow back?|
|Coconut oil for burnt hair|
|Dry hair products|
What is bleach burned hair or chemical burn on the scalp?
This is usually a skin condition caused when a high-intensity solvent is used on the scalp, and it is usually not easy to pinpoint the causes of the underlying cause of the marks which appear on the scalp after the bleach burn.
The skin is made up of large hair follicles backed by cells regrowth, using high-intensity solvents damage the roots and affects the scalp cells which causes those bad irritations and discoloring.
Because this hair bleach is used to burn the top layer of the hair to help change the color into a new shade, but then it tends to get in contact with the scalp which is why you end up with burned scalp.
If left untreated straightway can affect the hair follicles and skin cells causing severe dryness and can be very itchy.
Usually, there is a treatment for bleach burnt hair which is much faster but take time, another remedy is to leave it to repair naturally but it requires much more patience and endurance.
But the sooner you treat burned hair, the quicker and better you free your hair from extreme dryness and itchy scalp. Women who experience hormonal changes do get scalp burn and it is advised to stay away from dying tools and bleach.
Chemical burnt hair
Some experience this chemically burnt hair almost immediately while others take time to show. There is a remedy for chemically burnt hair, but it doesn’t happen overnight, it’s a process if maintained can produce results.
Natural home remedy for burned hair
Even though this is the most common remedy for bleach burned hair, but may not work for everyone. Giving it a go may just be what you need.
Coconut milk and ice remedy
Coconut has a healing effect on the scalp while ice cubes from your freezer provide the cooling effect needed. Usually, before you start, have these two items ready and use them once you are done bleaching your hair.
Ideally, get a fresh coconut from Amazon and extract the milk, mix it with ice and pour it into hair and scalp, allow to sit for 3 minutes, the pour more into the affected areas. You can get already made organic coconut milk and add with ice and use it on your scalp. You can repeat the process up to 4 times or more which will help reduce any chances of burnt marks on your scalp.
Once you have applied the coconut milk and ice, it’s time to take a cold shower, this will help cool down the burning. You should take a cold shower more often without using any conditioner or shampoo at the time of a cold shower bath.
The dandruff conditioner which contains zinc pyrithione works best for bleach burned scalp, apply a huge chunk of the thick layer of the conditioner on your scalp deep into the roots and let it sit for all day.
How to fix burnt hair without cutting it
How to repair chemically damaged hair at home
You can actually fix burnt hair without cutting it. Start by washing your hair with a shampoo that contains high-quality active ingredients.
- Do not use a shampoo that dries out your hair and breaks the hair healthy proteins. Such ingredients are sulfate, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, and formaldehyde. These ingredients are more likely to damage your hair and are usually found in cheaper shampoos.
- Use shampoos that contain ingredients from coconut oil like disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium cocoyl isethionate, glycerin, panthenol, and sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate which are very gentle on your hair and retain moisture and help hair regrow.
- Try this Sulfate-Free Shampoo And Tea tree Oil Conditioner Set to repair chemical burnt hair.
- After the first step, use deep penetrating reconstructor shampoo to help create a bridge between the heat from blow-drying and straightening your hair, then wash it out.
- Avoid using the first step and second step at the same time, use days apart to prevent your hair over-drying. Try this Deep penetrating reconstructor shampoo and hydration conditioner to create a bridge.
- Dry your hair gently with a towel to absorb any of those products used to wash hair. While the hair is still damp apply hydration conditioner which helps to prevent dehydration and to restore the hydrolipidic barrier, massage into hair and rinse. Check out some of the Best Hair Product For Thin Hair.
Home remedies for chemically burnt hair
- Apply oil treatment and plastic wrap to help the hair get back its moisture and shine. You can do this by massaging essential oil like coconut and olive oil. Use plastic wrap to cover hair for about 40 minutes, then use lukewarm water to rinse it.
- Moisturize your hair using conditioning oil mask. You can make this with protein shampoo (1 tablespoon), olive oil (1 tablespoon), moisturizing conditioner (1 tablespoon). Mix together and massage into hair scalp, wrap hair with a plastic bag and then wrap it up with a towel, wash it out after 25 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of olive oil and honey to help repair the damages, apply a mixture of honey (2 tablespoons) and olive oil (3 tablespoons). Massage into damp hair and scalp, then wrap hair with a towel, allow it for 50 minutes, then rinse with a mild shampoo.
- Apply banana and honey mask which will help restore damaged hair and dryness. You can make this with olive oil (5 tablespoons), honey (3 tablespoons), mashed banana, raw egg (1 egg), and milk (3 tablespoons). Mix and apply to the hair, then wash after 30 minutes with mild shampoo and water. Check out the Best Shampoo For Hair Loss and dryness.
How to prevent a chemical burn from hair bleach
- Stop using those hair products which caused the burn in the first place and use a hydrating and moisturizing conditioner and shampoo.
- Do not use harsh chemicals hair products or coloring products with chemical ingredients.
- Maintain your hair constantly by trimming excess hair.
Before and after you bleach hair, follow these remedies
|1. Do not bleach hair during the menstrual period, because during this time your body goes through changes including the scalp.|
|2. Apply shampoo to hair 3 days before bleaching your hair to build oil to hair which will help protect hair from damage.|
|3. After the shampoo, moisturize hair to protect your scalp.|
|4. Apply conditioner also to protect the head.|
|5. Take anti-inflammatory medications if you notice swelling or bump on your head after bleaching and consult a doctor.|
|6. If you have swelling before you start bleaching your hair, avoid bleaching the hair as doing so can cause scalp redness and scalp fungus or more hair problems.|
|7. If after precautions have been taking and you still notice or have burned hair, consult a doctor.|
|8. If after treating your hair for burns and no changes occur after a few days, consult your doctor.|
|9. If your hair is burnt, avoid using oily shampoo, this may slow the healing process.|
|10. Do not use electric hair styling tools on your scalp if you have burned hair.|
|11. Stop using chemical products if you have burned hair.|
|12. Use anti-dandruff shampoo before and after treatment of your hair.|
|13. If you use hair bleach on your scalp, use hair dye the next time, and give a long time gap before using, not doing so can cause severe damages.|
Does burnt hair grow back?
Does burnt hair grow back? Because the hair grows from roots inside the scalp, there is every chance the hair can still grow back, but ensure your hairstylist cuts out those burnt areas.
Coconut oil for burnt hair
Coconut is a powerful hair ingredient, using shampoos that contain ingredients from coconut oil like disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium cocoyl isethionate, glycerin, panthenol, and sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate which are very gentle on your hair and retain moisture and help burned hair repair. Organic coconut oil for hair repair.
Dry hair products
If you want dermatologist-recommended dry hair products for soft, shiny and strong hair, then these products are what you need to repair frizz, split end, breakage, and damaged hair.
These products will help repair overworked strands and messed up locks and curls in the shortest time possible. These dry hair products are the top treatments and stylers to help replenish damaged dry hair and they are healthy hair products.
This hair treatment mask provides focused and deepest treatment to increase smoothness as silk. It contains honey and floral essences with essential oils for dry hair and scalp moisture. One of the best color damage hair repair to prevent color fading of the hair. Buy here.
This product helps to straighten and smooth hair for all hair types. It to seal down hair cuticles, smooth split ends and maintain healthy hair. It contains natural keratin proteins and amino acids which are quality ingredients for hair smoothness and anti-frizz hair. It helps lock in moisture to maintain curl to straightened hair styling. Recommended to shampoo hair after treatment. Buy Here
This is a complete hair treatment regimen with scalp cell therapy treatment, color therapy shampoo, and hair conditioner. This product helps protect hair from hard water, styling heat and from the sun and provides lock-in moisture, conditions hair, nourishes hair, repair damaged hair and scalp, and protects hair. It contains vital proteins, vitamins, botanical extracts, and amino acids. It helps hair regain stronger, thicker, longer hair, and prevents breakage. Buy Here
This product help keep ends from drying, becoming brittle and tangling especially if you have long hair, also make hair feel soft and smooth. Keeps hair and scalp moisturized preventing dryness and itchiness, protects hair from frizz while maintaining smoothness and waviness. Buy Here
This leave-in hair treatment for soft, silky hair. Help to repair, strengthen, restore, damaged and brittle hair. It protects hair from heat, sun, and frizz by hydrating and moisturizing dry hair and scalp. It contains quality nutrients and argan oil for hair growth and shine, works for all hair types. Buy Here
This product promotes natural hair growth and revitalizes hair. It helps to repair damaged hair edges, restores shine and brightness, moisturizes the scalp and stops hair breakage. It contains extracts, nutrients, oils and vitamins, shea butter, pumpkin seed oil, coconut oil, and emu oil. Works on all hair types to help thicken hair, repair any damage from burns, brittle locks and split ends. Buy Here
Dermasolve Psoriasis Scalp Oil
This is a nourishing scalp oil, contains natural ingredients and oil to moisturize dry scalp, condition and prevent scaly buildup. Stop scalp from flaking, itchiness and help soothe the skin. Can be applied at night and washed in the morning with a shampoo. Buy Here
For dry hair gel, use this product no hair edges, smooth, moisturized, soft and easy to manage. It helps hair achieve natural curl, revive brittle hair, dull and dry hair recovering from burns. It contains natural ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter and sweet almond oil to prevent hair from returning to the damaged state. Buy Here
Repairing burnt hair can be challenging, but it is possible. People with sensitive skin should try to stay away from bleaching hair because they are more likely to get burned hair.
If condition persists, consult your doctor and do not use any product that caused burn on your hair. Follow the before and after guide if you are planning to go under the bleach. Also, try some of these dry hair products to make sure you have well-moisturized hair.
- 1 What is bleach burned hair or chemical burn on the scalp?
- 2 Chemical burnt hair
- 3 Natural home remedy for burned hair
- 4 Coconut milk and ice remedy
- 5 Shower time
- 6 Use conditioner
- 7 How to fix burnt hair without cutting it
- 8 Home remedies for chemically burnt hair
- 9 How to prevent a chemical burn from hair bleach
- 10 Before and after you bleach hair, follow these remedies
- 11 Does burnt hair grow back?
- 12 Coconut oil for burnt hair
- 13 Dry hair products
- 14 Conclusion
Vinegar as we know it has found its place in our kitchen and has been in use for centuries, as far as memory kind hold. Vinegar is been used as an ingredient for baking, making salad dressings, as a...
We have so far looked at what grape vinegar is, their categories, the benefits of grape vinegar, and we also look at the side effects of grape vinegar, and the benefits of grape vinegar for hair. We...