What causes frizzy straight hair
Frizz meaning: Frizz occurs when the cuticle layer of your hair is raised allowing moisture to pass through and swell the strands. As a result, your hair appears dry and frizzy instead of smooth and defined. Curly hair tends to have more frizz than straight hair because of dehydration in the strands, which leaves it more vulnerable to frizzing.
Some of the reasons your hair become dehydrated
- The oil in your scalp is not making it down the strands of hair over the days after washing, which is very common with curly and kinky hair types.
- You aren’t drinking enough water and eating a balanced diet.
- You are not sleeping with satin silk accessories and your hair is rubbing against dry materials.
- You are not deep conditioning often enough or with the right types of products for your porosity level.
- Your oils and moisturizers of choice are not penetrating the hair shaft.
- You have over-processed chemicals in your hair, such as high-lift dye or bleach that have damaged your cuticle.
5 things that are making your hair frizzy
What causes frizzy straight hair?
1. Your hair’s lack of moisture
- Frizzy hair lacks moisture, deep conditioners, and leave-in conditioning treatments work well to keep frizz away.
- Argan oil (or any oil that is easily absorbed) will also help to protect the hair and eliminate part of the frizz and keep the hair from tangling.
2. You Shampoo too much
- It is advised to shampoo your hair two or three times a week to keep frizz down.
- Shampooing hair often can dry and dull hair, leaving it frizzy.
3. Your Brush
Not all hair brushes are created equal. Different hair types require different tools for optimally smooth locks, an ion metal brush is great for combating frizz in fine curly hair. Those with fine straight hair should never use metal (or brush with sharp teeth no matter what material).
If you have natural African American or Afro-centric hair, keep it from frizzing by using a plastic, bone or tortoiseshell wide-tooth pick or comb. Don’t use metal or aluminum, the edges will actually shred your hair.
No matter your hair type, do not use thermal brushes since they are heat conductors and can curl the hair, leaving it vulnerable to frizz.
4. Your blow-dryer
- Upgrade your hairdryer if you are constantly battling frizz.
- Look for ionic technology devices. The ions produce a negative charge which flattens and smoothes the hair cuticle.
5. Your flat iron
Extreme chemicals and heat exposure are also frizz-makers. Flat irons are very damaging to hair. Chemical over-processing hair through perming, bleaching and using high volumes of a developer will also cause frizz in the ends and even through the shaft of the hair.
Frizzy hair products
What helps with frizzy hair?
Frizzy hair is hard to love and maintain. It’s not sleek and silky, it’s not curly and adorable, it’s not wavy and sexy, and it’s just frizzy and extremely annoying. With frizzy hair, you live in fear of rain, humidity or even perspiration which can cause your hair to become more frizzy and unruly.
How to get rid of frizzy hair
List of solutions for frizzy hair
1. Moisturise your hair
Remember, what your frizzy hair really needs is moisture. You can as well use a hair mask once a week to intensely nourish, revitalize and straighten your hair.
Best Frizz Hair Moisturizer
2. Try Relaxers to help smooth your hair
These versatile smoothers offer a variety of options-sleek, straight hair to smooth hair with plenty of natural movement to enhance, smooth curls with lots of shine. If you do opt for these treatments in frizzy hair, however, be sure to keep your hair in prime conditions by using plenty of nourishing masks, hot oil treatments, and moisturizing products.
Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
3. Hydrating with the right products can help restore frizzy hair
What you put on your hair certainly matters. If you want to smooth frizzy hair, you’ll need to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, followed by products specifically designed for this purpose.
4. Select the best shampoo for your frizzy hair and don’t over wash
If you have product build up on your hair, the first step is to remove it with a clarifying shampoo. If the buildup is really bad, get a significant haircut. If the buildup isn’t a problem then just use a gentle shampoo that contains organic moisturizers or oils or a cleansing conditioner.
But remember, don’t shampoo too often
5. Select the best conditioner to moisturize or nourish your frizzy hair
The right conditioner can be the best way to restore moisture back into your frizzy hair. Use a hydrating conditioner with keratin, protein and/or natural oils.
Sentimental Christmas Gifts For Boyfriend This Christmas you want to make it the one he remembers, and remind him what it means to have you as a girlfriend he can see spending all his life...
Rose gold bangles in the UK speaks volume when you get it as a gift for someone you care about, whether its birthday or Christmas. And if you are wondering what other rose gold bangles the...