Chicken pox treatment (treatment of chickenpox)
Chickenpox treatment is done by easing the symptoms, and infected persons should be contained.
They should stay away from the public, preferably stay at home until it subsides or until the blisters have stopped appearing and have scabs.
One of the hardest parts is to stop scratching. Because it is very itchy you might be tempted to always scratch but you stand the risk of infections, wearing hand gloves would help and also short nails.
Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Oil Control (120 ml) normal
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://amzn.to/2PoD6Fc’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]shop on amazon[/thrive_link]
With chicken pox treatment, to help relieve the itching use Calamine lotion.
Heat and sweat make the itching really worse when they have chicken pox, it is preferable to keep the sufferer is not too cold or too hot surrounding.
In the case of with serious itching which prevents sleeping use Antihistamine medicines. Antihistamine medicine is for allergic reactions. Also, chicken pox treatment for adults with weak immune systems can use Zovirax tablets (Acyclovir) which are good for chickenpox. This should be used 24hrs when the rash appears.
Chickenpox symptoms include a rash on the body and face which later spreads to scalps and limbs. It can easily spread in the mouth and genitals and which is usually very itchy.
Chickenpox vaccine helps to protect against the virus which causes chickenpox (varicella-zoster virus). Only people in contact with anyone who has chickenpox receive this chicken pox vaccine.
Chickenpox vaccines are different types. The chicken pox vaccines which are available right now are:
You can get these chicken pox vaccines from your doctor, and only available in the hospital. Only people with close contact with someone with chickenpox should have these vaccines. Also, non-immune health workers. These vaccines are live vaccines, they contain some amount of weakened chickenpox causing the virus. But after childhood, it isn’t as effective anymore.
[amazon_link asins=’B000158C9A,B00K31LKDC,B011VJFY4K,B000VG7GDW,B0000536EW,B01N42GA4X,B00JF2RP52′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’toodlehubus01-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c647165c-e5ec-11e8-a492-3fe8de9f530d’]
Chicken pox in adults (adult chickenpox)
- All children are immune to chickenpox after the infection.
- But some adults are at risk of chickenpox if:
- They have a weak immune system from earlier illness, such as HIV.
- They are pregnant, there is a high risk of pneumonia and if you smoke.
- During the first 28 weeks of pregnancy and you have chickenpox, your unborn baby could develop a rare condition known as fetal varicella syndrome (FVS).
- This syndrome can cause complications such as brain damage, shortened limbs, scarring, and eye defects.
- They are adults, it is more serious in adults.
- Adults who contract chickenpox are more likely to be admitted to the hospital.
- Some adults with chickenpox can develop lungs problem.
- Adults can also recover from chickenpox quickly.
If you notice any signs of chickenpox quickly contact your doctor.
At any point, you realize your child has chickenpox, notify their schools. Take time off work to care for a child with using chickenpox prevention until the blisters have all burst and all crusted.
There are few images to explain the stages of chicken pox. Here is a chart on the spread of the virus in different areas.
[thrive_posts_list category=’134′ title=”” no_posts=”15″ filter=”popular” thumbnails=”on”]