COCONUT OIL FOR FACE MASK
Coconut oil has become the number one most used product in the personal beauty regime, from keeping hair healthy and beautiful to keeping the skin glowing.
With coconut oil, you can fight wrinkles and prevent acne, along with a whole host of other skin problems
Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal meaning it gets rid of dirt and grime that cause breakouts, it is also an amazing moisturizer as it is able to penetrate deeper into your skin, thanks to its chemical composition.
Here are some very easy coconut oil face mask recipes which will definitely leave your skin buttery smooth, moisturized and acne free:
1. OATMEAL AND COCONUT OIL FACE MASK
This mixture of coconut oil and an oatmeal mask is mainly for treating acne. The oatmeal works to soothe inflamed skin by restoring its PH balance.
- To make this mask, you’ll need 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and warm water.
- Firstly, put oatmeal in a bowl and pour in enough warm water to create a paste-like consistency, then mix the coconut oil in with the oatmeal, mixing it well.
- After that apply the mixture to your face, rubbing it in a circular motion.
- Leave the mixture on your skin for 15 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
2. MIX HONEY, GREEN TEA AND COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil, honey, and green tea all have amazing ingredients that can bring a glow back to your skin and leave it looking radiant again no time.
- For a mask, you’ll need to mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of honey in the bowel and then add 1 teaspoon of green tea and mix well.
- Use a cotton pad to apply the mixture evenly to all the parts of your face and let it sit for 10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
3. YOGURT AND COCONUT OIL FACE MASK
This mask will help dry-oily skin. The yogurt has moisturizing properties and its lactic acid will also help dry up oily skin by dissolving skin cells, striping excess oil and tightening pores.
- You’ll need 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a bowl and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- Mix the two very well, making a silky smooth paste.
- Use your fingers to gently apply the mixture onto your skin, let it sit for 20 minutes and then wash your face with warm water.
5. BANANA TURMERIC AND COCONUT OIL FACE MASK
The mixture of coconut oil and turmeric make a very good acne-fighting face mask because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- You’ll need 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1/2 ripe banana, and a pinch of turmeric.
- Smash the banana in a bowl and stir in the coconut oil and turmeric to form a consistent mixture.
- And then slather the mixture onto your face letting it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and pay dry.
- For effective results, repeat the procedure once a day for three weeks.
5. NUTMEG, AVOCADO, AND COCONUT OIL FACE MASK
Avocado will hydrate and moisturize the skin while nutmeg will gently exfoliate acne-prone skin and prevent further breakouts.
- Place avocado in a bowl and mash it into a smooth paste, in the sand bowl, stir in the coconut oil and nutmeg until you get a consistent mixture.
- Apt the thick coat of the mixture onto your face, leaving it for 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with a clean face towel.
- Repeat the procedure every day for at least three weeks and then you’ll have beautiful glowing skin.