Balayage and Ombre
What’s the difference between the looks ombre and Balayage? If you’ve ever asked yourself this question, trust me when I say you are not alone. It can be really hard to keep up with all the hair trend out there but, that’s what I’m here for, to help you understand.
Balayage is a technique a stylist uses to highlight your hair and can be used to achieve many different looks. The word Balayage comes from a French word, meaning to ‘sweep’.
With Balayage, also known as hair painting, the lightener or hair color is painted in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect from end to root and is all about creating beautiful blends of multi-dimensional color.
Bestseller Balayage and Ombre
- Neitsi 3 Pc Kit for Micro Ring Link Hair and Feather Extensions: Pliers, Micro Pulling Needle, and Loop Threader
- Lelinta 3-5 Days Delivery 7Pcs 16 Clips 23-24 Inch Thick Curly Straight Full Head Clip in on Double Weft Hair Extensions 20 Colors
This technique looks like natural sun-kissed highlights through the hair. The transition is more natural and it is less maintenance than an ombre.
Balayage is the popular hairstyle that is here to stay; people adore this hair trend because it is customizable for everyone. You can make it dramatic or as subtle as you want and in any color you like.
The pros of Balayage
- You don’t have to deal with regrowth
You will keep your purse shut for a while with this kind of dye job because you won’t require regular touch-ups. Save your money!
- It will make your eyes sparkle and your skin glow
A good dose of Balayage highlights will begin around the ear level; as a result, the multi-dimensional colors will lift your facial features and make your eyes pop while also giving your skin lovely warmth.
- It will give people the illusion you’ve been on holiday
You may not have actually been roaming around the Greek islands in the past few weeks, but your hairdo will make people think otherwise. Why is that? Because Balayage is the faux version of the sun-kissed strands that naturally form after spending a lot of time in the sun.
The cons of Balayage
- You’ll have to invest time and money in hair treatments
Bleaching hair is notorious for a split, dry ends, to combat this as best you can apply hydrating treatments twice a week and apply a nourishing oil to your wet end before styling.
- You’ll have to spend more time styling your strands
Balayage looks best on wavy, textured hair as this allows the multi-dimensional color to really show itself off. If you are not one with your curling iron, get ready to form a friendship and spend more time together. You can still straighten your hair if you wish, but the color just won’t look right and chic. SO SORRY!
Ombre is the style; the word ombre comes from the French word ‘shadow’. Ombre is the actual style; it is the transition of a lighter shade from a darker shade. Generally, ombre works best for brunettes because it is the least subtle of all the techniques.
Ombre is great for the more daring girl, it is definitely more noticeable and typically more maintenance
Ombre is kind of like color blocking, there are no dark pieces left on the bottom to help keep it natural, just a nice transition between the colors. Ombre is a beautiful look and it needs to be done right.
The pros of ombre
- Due to ombre being a mixture of light and dark, the colors selected by you and your stylist will keep from washing out and ombre looks stunning on any skin tone.
- Ombre works for any kind of hairstyle, whether you have an angled bob or long locks, ombre will work for you.
- You can use any color to create the look. Want blue? Go for it! What red? Go for it. Whatever color you desire will work.
- It is stunning, stylish and beautiful if done right. Just look at some of the Hollywood’s leading ladies – Khloe Kardashian, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Olivia Wilde.
The cons of Ombre
- Be aware of hair damage. Since some parts of your hair are lighter and possibly bleached, those areas can appear slightly rougher than the root area.
- It can be very expensive.
- Styling can be a nightmare, ombre hair is definitely chic but not without time and care.
You may also like to read about:
[thrive_posts_gallery category=’147′ title=”” no_posts=”20″ filter=”popular”]
Sentimental Christmas Gifts For Boyfriend This Christmas you want to make it the one he remembers, and remind him what it means to have you as a girlfriend he can see spending all his life...
Rose gold bangles in the UK speaks volume when you get it as a gift for someone you care about, whether its birthday or Christmas. And if you are wondering what other rose gold bangles the...