- 1 Does toothpaste get rid of Pimples?
- 2 Things to consider when choosing the right toothpaste to get rid of your pimples:
- 3 How to use toothpaste for your pimples
- 4 How to get rid of a pimple in one night
- 5 How long do you keep toothpaste on pimples
- 6 Does toothpaste get rid of blackheads
- 7 What kind of toothpaste gets rid of pimples
Does toothpaste get rid of Pimples?
The simple answer is yes.
Toothpaste does get rid of pimples. Toothpaste has always been used as an (at home remedy) to get rid of pimples.
Toothpaste has ingredients such as baking soda and hydrogen peroxide that are drying agents and this is the reason that makes it an effective home remedy for pimples.
Toothpaste kills bacteria preventing it from getting worse, this makes pimples less noticeable. It also helps reduce the inflammation and redness that always comes with pimples.
The cleansing and absorbent properties of toothpaste draw out oils making the pimples dry out and considerably reduce the size. It also acts as a mask that will help draw out impurities from the skin.
Reason toothpaste is effective in treating pimples
- The clotting property of toothpaste reduces redness and swelling and prevents bacteria from spreading to other skin pores.
- It dries out and shrinks the pimples
- It contains triclosan (antibacterial property) and a small amount of hydrogen peroxide which kills the bacteria.
- The cleansing and absorbent properties draws out pimples from pores
- Silica in it has anti-inflammatory properties and heals the damaged skin.
Not just any type of toothpaste will get rid of your pimples because different kinds of toothpaste contain different ingredients.
Plain, white toothpaste will be the most effective.
Things to consider when choosing the right toothpaste to get rid of your pimples:
- Check the ingredients list to find whether it contains baking soda, triclosan, alcohol, sodium pyrophosphate, menthol, fluoride, and hydrogen peroxide
- Choose a white-colored toothpaste
- Avoid gel-based toothpaste because its ingredients are different from a regular paste and may not be effective to treat the pimples.
- Get a toothpaste that has a minty flavor, it will have a cooling effect on your skin
- Natural and organic toothpaste are best because they contain fewer harsh chemicals.
Using the wrong toothpaste will cause chapped lips and skin irritation and sometimes even make the pimples worse. Avoid using toothpaste that contains sodium Lauryl sulphate because it will irritate your skin.
How to use toothpaste for your pimples
- Wash your face using warm water and a gentle face wash. The warm water will help unclog the pores and the face wash will dissolve any dirt or oil
- Dry your face using a soft towel. Don’t scrub your skin because you might agitate a pimple
- Apply the toothpaste to the pimples. Cover all pimples in a thin layer of toothpaste
- Let the toothpaste dry on the pimples. How long you leave the toothpaste on the pimples depends on your skin type and how severe the pimples are.
The recommended times is 30 minutes, but if you have sensitive skin remove after 10 minutes.
- Wash the toothpaste off with cool water and do not use any facial cleansers.
- Repeat the toothpaste treatment every few days.
It is advised to test your skin to find out whether you are allergic to any ingredients on toothpaste before you decide to use on your face to treat pimples.
How to get rid of a pimple in one night
One other method is by dipping a cotton ball in tea tree essential oil and dab it on the affected area.
Then rinse face after 15 to 20 minutes.
You have an option to mix a few drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
Once it’s well mixed, you should apply it on your pimples and blemishes, let it stay on the affected area for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
How long do you keep toothpaste on pimples
Aloy the toothpaste to remain on the affected area for about two hours or you can allow it stay overnight.
Aloy the toothpaste to dry an stay on the skin from two hours or overnight, this will guarantee you some changes.
In order to gauge your skin’s reaction, remove the toothpaste after 15 minutes to half an hour if you have an extremely sensitive skin.
Does toothpaste get rid of blackheads
After washing and drying your face using warm water, apply a layer of toothpaste to the affected areas on either your chin or nose.
Aloy it to dry completely, and after its dry rub gently to help remove the blackheads from your pores.
What kind of toothpaste gets rid of pimples
Toothpaste contains certain ingredients
- baking soda,
- hydrogen peroxide,
- essential oils,
- triclosan — that cause pimples to dry out.
You May Also Like This
Wrinkles – How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Without The Drama21st March 2018 / By editorial
Life Changing Acne Removal Methods – How to Get Rid Of Acne20th October 2017 / By editorial
Top 10 Best Shaving Cream For Sensitive Skin Womens7th September 2018 / By editorial
Read More About: