How To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
Is your hair always frizzy and fried looking?
Frizz is mostly caused by a lack of moisture in your hair; humidity can also contribute to it. Your hair loses moisture throughout the day, so midday, the cuticle (the outermost layer on your stands) opens up and lets the outside air in, creating a frizzy mess.
Here we have listed 12 tips on how to get rid of frizzy hair using natural ingredients and professional hair products.
Use Natural Ingredients
1. Use an Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
The acidity in apple cider vinegar does wonder to tame frizzy hair and gives you a healthy shine. After shampooing your hair and completely rinsing out any shampoo, pour apple cider vinegar diluted 4:1 with water into your hair from the root to the tip and let it sit for about 30 seconds. Rinse it with cool water and proceed to condition your hair as you normally do. Repeat this remedy once a week to get positive results.
2. Almond Oil And Eggs
The egg repairs damage in the hair shaft with its high protein content and the almond acts as a natural hair emollient and conditioner.
How to use
- You will need ¼ cup almond oil and one raw egg
- Mix the almond oil and the egg until you get a smooth mixture
- Section your hair and apply the mixture to your scalp and through the length of your hair
- Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair
- Use shampoo and conditioner with
3. Avocado hair mask
This is an effective and inexpensive remedy to get rid of frizzy hair. Avocado contains vitamins B and E which nourish the hair and repair damage.
How to use
- You will need 1 ripe avocado and 1 cup of yogurt
- Cut the avocado and remove the pit
- Mash the avocado and the yogurt until you get a smooth, creamy paste
- Apply it to your hair and leave it for 40-45 minutes
- Wash thoroughly with shampoo and follow it up with a conditioner
- Apply the mask once or twice a week for best results
4. Banana hair mask
Banana conditions nourish your hair, relieving dryness and fighting frizz.
How to use
- You will need 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix it in a blender for a creamy mask
- Apply the mix onto your hair and leave for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse your hair with a shampoo and say goodbye to dry and frizzy hair
5. Coconut oil
Treating frizzy hair with coconut oil will help calm things down. Massage slightly warmed up coconut oil into your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes (The warm oil will penetrate the scalp and pores, leaving your hair beautifully conditioned), then shampoo and condition.
Beer restores moisture and nourishes your hair with its rich content of proteins and vitamins B. it is also used as a cleansing rinse that removes build-up; this helps keep your cuticles healthy.
How to use
- You will need 1 pint of beer
- Decarbonate the beer by pouring it into a bowl, let it sit overnight until it goes flat\wash your hair with shampoo and then
pourthe beer through your hair while massaging your scalp
- Rinse the beer out with cold water
- Repeat this for once in two weeks for best results.
PROFESSIONAL HAIR PRODUCTS
1. Use a silicone Serum before styling your hair
These serums work by coating each strand of hair to make sure the cuticle stays smooth and does not frizz up.
2. Put your hair into a bun or top knot
If you only have 5 minutes to try to tame your frizzy hair in the morning, maybe the best solution is to just throw your hair into a stylish updo and call it a day. Top knots are a great option for a frizzy hair updo as they are supposed to have a messy, casual look.
3. Shampoos and moisturizers
Avoid shampoos with harsh products as they will add more damage to your hair. And it is advised to always condition your hair just after washing it with shampoo.
4. Look for a protein-rich conditioner
A protein-rich conditioner will help manage your frizz and create a nice healthy shine.
5. Check your hair products for alcohol
Alcohols will dry out your hair, especially if they are a major ingredient, setting you up for frizz or even more frizz. Watch out for the following names on the label: ethanol, ethyl alcohol, SD alcohol, denatured alcohol, propanol or propyl alcohol.
Other types of alcohol used in hair products are fatty alcohols, which are well-tolerated.
Read More About: