- 1 How To Make Your Hair Frizzy And Poofy
- 1.1 How do you make your hair frizzy?
- 1.2 To learn more about how to make your hair frizzy and poofy, here are the 14 steps to make your hair frizzy.
- 1.3 1. Wash and Condition your hair
- 1.4 2. Blow-dry your hair so that it is uniformly dry
- 1.5 3. Apply a light hold mousse to your hair
- 1.6 4. Take a section of your hair and clip it up
- 1.7 5. Make a one-inch square section of your hair
- 1.8 6. Place the section of hair inside the u-pin
- 1.9 7. Weave the strand in and out of the pin
- 1.10 8. Spray your hair with a thermal hair spray
- 1.11 9. Iron your hair in the pin
- 1.12 10. Make another one-inch square section of hair and repeat the steps
- 1.13 11. Take all of the pins out of your hair
- 1.14 12. Brush your hair out to give it volume
- 1.15 13. Spray your whole head with hairspray
- 2 Poofy hairstyles for long hair
How To Make Your Hair Frizzy And Poofy
How can I make my hair naturally fluffy?
- Wash and Condition your hair
- Blow-dry your hair so that it is uniformly dry
- Apply a light hold mousse to your hair
- Take a section of your hair and clip it up
- Make a one-inch square section of your hair
- Place the section of hair inside the u-pin
- Weave the strand in and out of the pin
- Spray your hair with a thermal hair spray
- Iron your hair in the pin
- Make another one-inch square section of hair and repeat the steps
- Take all of the pins out of your hair
- Brush your hair out to give it volume
- Spray your whole head with hairspray
How do you make your hair frizzy?
Frizzing your hair can be a great part of your costume for a particular occasion. This hairstyle is very inexpensive but will need your time and labor to have it.
To have this hairstyle, you will need a friend to help you do the back of your hair.
To learn more about how to make your hair frizzy and poofy, here are the 14 steps to make your hair frizzy.
1. Wash and Condition your hair
Wash your hair with Pantene or Tresemme to remove excess oil, dirt and build up.
Clean hair will take better new style.
Condition it to keep it soft and healthy.
Pantene and Tresemme have a heat shield shampoo/ conditioner that protects your hair from any damage.
ArtNaturals Tea-Tree-Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Setbuy from amazon
2. Blow-dry your hair so that it is uniformly dry
After washing your hair, you will need to blow it so that it is straight and dry or you can just towel your dry your hair.
At this point, you just need your hair to be clean and dry.
Not Your Mothers In A Heart Beat Blow Dry Acceleratorbuy from amazon
3. Apply a light hold mousse to your hair
Apply the mousse when your hair is clean and dry in preparation for styling.
This will make it easy for your hair to hold the style without making it stiff.
Use (tennis ball sized) amount of mousse if you have short hair and a softball sized amount for long or thick hair.
It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Styling Moussebuy from amazon
4. Take a section of your hair and clip it up
Get the upper section of your hair out of the way by clipping it on top of your head so that you are able to work with the bottom section of your hair.
You can divide up your hair into four quadrants and style one quadrant at a time.
You will need to purchase the u-pins and hair clips for this hairstyle to work.
Honbay 12PCS 9cm Large Wave U Shaped Chignon Hair Clipsbuy from amazon
5. Make a one-inch square section of your hair
Use a comb and gently rake the pointed end of the comb across your scalp making a square about an inch wide by an inch tall.
Grab the piece of hair from this section of your hair.
You will work through the four quadrants of your whole head making sections like these in each quadrant before moving onto another quadrant.
6. Place the section of hair inside the u-pin
Then, place the u-pin close to the base of your head so that it is almost touching.
Don’t leave too much room between the u-pin and your head to avoid losing the volume of your hair.
7. Weave the strand in and out of the pin
Start at the base of u-pin that is near your head and have the pin face out horizontally then weave out the hair in and out of the pin from side to side creating a figure eight pattern until you get to the end of the pin.
8. Spray your hair with a thermal hair spray
Thermal hair spray protects against heat damage and the spray will also give your hair texture and help it hold the style.
HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protectorbuy from amazon
9. Iron your hair in the pin
Your flat iron should be on medium heat.
Your medium setting should be approximately 290 degrees.
Clamp your straightener on the hair at the bottom part of the pin furthest from your head and then move the straightener up toward your head.
Do not straighten your hair for more than 5 seconds.
Still on how to make your hair frizzy and poofy.
10. Make another one-inch square section of hair and repeat the steps
Do this around your whole head and you should work methodically in sections or quadrants, making these one-inch sections on your whole hear.
Get your friend to help work on the back of your hair.
11. Take all of the pins out of your hair
This is done after you have finished clipping and straightening all of your hair.
Pull the u-pin out by its u base.
It should easily slide.
12. Brush your hair out to give it volume
Take your hairbrush and brush through all your hair to make it voluminous.
You can use your regular hair brush or vented hair brush to create volume but do not use a round brush.
Detangling Brush – Glide Thru Detangler Hair Comb or Brushbuy from amazon
13. Spray your whole head with hairspray
Hang your head upside down and spray evenly around your whole head to keep your big, frizzy hairstyle in place.
That’s it, you are done.
You have your frizzy hairstyle.
Kenra Volume Spraybuy from amazon
Poofy hairstyles for long hair
If your hair is natural, it can be a little tricky trying to get it together and make a poofy hairstyle. This shouldn’t worry you at all because we got your back. We have some 4 easy poofy hairstyles for anyone especially if you are carrying your naturally curly hair.
The first poofy hairstyle
- Bring the hair together from the front going up, this will create a hump, then use a body pin to hold it together.
- Once it holds together, use your hand to poof it around to create volume. Now you are done.
The second poofy hairstyle
- Use your hands to gather the hair together from both sides and meet at the top.
- Then use the body pin to hold it together starting from the bottom (roots), then use another body pin to hold the top together.
- Now use your hands to poof it around just to give it a bit of volume both at the back and front.
- If the front is too lapping to the front, hold the front together, then use body pin to hold the bottom then let the hair fall.
The third poofy hairstyle
- Get a brush and brush the side of your hair upward, once that is done, while holding it with one hand, use the other hand and apply some gel to it.
- Brush it upwards again while pressing hair down, use body pin to hold the front to the deck.
- Use another body pin to hold the middle back.
- Use more body pin to secure the hair from loosing.
- Go to the other side of-of the hair and repeat same thing steps.
- Once done, poof the hair around for volume and you are good to go.
The fourth poofy hairstyle
- Hold the back hair together, from the bottom.
- Twist the hair to create a huge twist.
- Twist it tight then use a body pin to secure it.
- Any hair that falls out after the twist and hold, tuck it in.
That is it, you have a four poofy hairstyles to choose from, remember you can add your own styles and make your poofy hairstyle stand out.
Read More About Hair Care