Complete Guide On How To Measure A Sofa To Fit Through A Door
Most people buy sofa because it looks good or maybe it matches the design decorations of their house, but forgetting the first step to consider which how to measure a sofa to fit through a door before buying a sofa. Be sure that your new sofa will fit through all the entryways, stairwells and lifts.
There are a few things to take note of How To Measure A Sofa To Fit Through A Door:
- You have to know the height and width of your door before purchasing the sofa.
- You should measure height(h) and width(w) of the door.
- You should make nothing obstructs the doorway.
- Check for permanent installments in the house which may obstruct doorway access like; burglary protectors, gas meters, radiators, letterbox and wall jacket hangers.
- You should measure the diagonal depth of sofa to determine if it will go with an angle through the doorway.
- You should measure the length of the interior wall and door to make sure you have enough room. This is to make sure there is enough room for maneuvering.
- Measure the height, width, and depth to ensure easy turning on the stairs.
- Measure also any doors on the stairwell to make sure the sizes will enable for easy turning.
- Measure the lift’s door height and width also inside dimension of the lift
- Check the lift weight capacity against the weight sofa to avoid excess weight.
How To Fit A Sofa Through A Small Door
- Remove the legs of the sofa. If you can, remove the legs of the sofa for easy access.
- Make sure to measure the sofa and the area or space where the sofa will pass through.
- For carpeted spaces, place a cardboard on the floor for easy maneuvering.
- Make sure to remove the cushions, this will not only lessen the weight of the sofa but also allow for easy moving around.
- If you are having difficulties moving the sofa or unsure how to measure the sofa, get help from the manufacturer or seller or hire professionals.
- Some sofa can be really heavy to carry, you should find extra help either from friends or family members or best request the services from the seller.