Pull ups and Chin ups are considered to be one of the best exercises to build muscles and increase strength in the back and biceps.
But what’s the difference between these two types of exercises? Of course they are similar but they are not the same.
In this article we will explain the differences between pull ups and chin ups, we will also look at the pros and cons of these two types of exercises.
(1) PULL UPS AND CHIN UPS VARY IN GRIP
The grip used in pull ups is completely different from the grip used in chin ups. In pull ups a pronated grip is used and the palms point outwards facing away from the person excercising while in chin ups a supinated grip is used and palms point inwards facing the person who’s excercising. The grip width in chin ups is shoulder width while in pull ups it is wider than shoulder width.
(2) PULL UPS AND CHIN UPS VARY IN MOVEMENTS
Yes both exercises happen in the vertical pulling movement plane targeting the back and biceps but the way the exercise is conducted is different.
Pull ups uses shoulder deduction whereby the elbows come down and back from side while chin ups uses shoulder extension whereby elbows come down and back from the front.
(3) THEY DIFFER IN THE MUSCLES WORKED ON
Yes ups and chin uls will both train your back and boceps but there’s a slight difference in fbr degree in which those muscles get worked on. Pull ups will hit your back harder while chin ups while hit the biceps harder.
(4) CHIN UPS AND PULL UPS DIFFER IN SAFETY AND COMFORT
The exercises are both safe but we arr humans, we cannot do everything right so when it comes to that, pull ups are more safer and comfortable than chin ups.
(5) CHIN UPS AND PULL UPS DIFFER IN STRENGTH
Chon ups Will put biceps in a stronger line of pull meaning when doing these exercises you’ll be stronger at chin ups than at pull ups.
PROS AND CONS OF CHIN UPS
– The pro is tbat more muscles are activated, chin ups will get your lower back and your biceps going pretty well.
– The con is that if not done properly, you can seriously injure yourself.
PRO OF PULL UPS
– With more frequent practice you can become very skilled with the movements.
SIMILARITIES OF PULL UPS AND CHIN UPS
– Both need a pull up bar that you hang on
– Both require you to pull yourself uo until your chin passes the bar
– Both are strength training exercises for your muscles
Vinegar as we know it has found its place in our kitchen and has been in use for centuries, as far as memory kind hold. Vinegar is been used as an ingredient for baking, making salad dressings, as a...
We have so far looked at what grape vinegar is, their categories, the benefits of grape vinegar, and we also look at the side effects of grape vinegar, and the benefits of grape vinegar for hair. We...