- 0.1 Top 10 Best Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 0.2 What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
- 0.3 What Are The Symptoms Of Seborrheic Dermatitis?
- 0.4 What Are The Causes Of Seborrheic Dermatitis?
- 1 Best Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoos
- 1.1 1. Head And Shoulders Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.2 2. Dhs Zinc Shampoo
- 1.3 3. Puriya Dandruff Shampoo
- 1.4 4. Mg217 Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.5 5. Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo
- 1.6 6. Nizoral – Ketoconazole Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.7 7. Selsun Blue- Selenium Sulfide Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.8 8. Jason Natural Dandruff Relief Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.9 9. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.10 10. Neutrogena T/Sal Salicylic Acid Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- 1.11 Precautions For Use
Top 10 Best Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Head And Shoulders Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Dhs Zinc Shampoo
- Puriya Dandruff Shampoo
- Mg217 Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo
- Nizoral – Ketoconazole Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Selsun Blue- Selenium Sulfide Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Jason Natural Dandruff Relief Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Neutrogena T/Sal Salicylic Acid Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Seborrheic dermatitis, also known as seborrhoea is a long-term skin disorder that affects the scalp and causes inflammation that typically waxes and wanes.
So if you experience red, itchy scalp that has flaky scales, know that you may be suffering from seborrheic dermatitis.
This skin disease is very common and looks similar to psoriasis, eczema or an allergic reaction as it does not only appear on the scalp, it also appears on the skin.
Seborrheic dermatitis caused stubborn dandruff that can be very stressing to deal with.
At some point, seborrheic dermatitis may go away on its own without needing any treatment or may require a lot of treatment before the symptoms go away.
What Are The Symptoms Of Seborrheic Dermatitis?
There are many symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. Some of them include:
1. Skin Flakes on your scalp: when combing your hair, you may see a lot of skin flakes on the hair or falling down. This is a great sign of seborrheic dermatitis.
2. Mild dandruff: Dandruff is caused by a type of fungus of the molesezzia family, the fungus can irritate the scalp, causing it to itch very much.
3. You may experience red patches on the scalp: When combing your hair you may experience a burning sensation in the affected area, if left untreated, the scales can become thick, greasy and yellow and secondary bacterial infections can eventually develop.
4. The distribution of rash is a great help in making the diagnosis. The rash causes a scalp eruption commonly known as cradle cap. The rash is characteristically red and scaling but occasionally can become weepy and oozy.
What Are The Causes Of Seborrheic Dermatitis?
The actual cause of seborrheic dermatitis is not really understood, however, it seems to be a combination of the following factors:
- A yeast that lives on the skin
- Cold or dry weather
- certain medical conditions and medicines may trigger the condition
- Your genes can also be the cause of seborrheic dermatitis
Some people believe that seborrheic dermatitis comes from an allergy or being unclean, which is so not true. Allergies and uncleanliness does not cause seborrheic dermatitis
Treatment for seborrheic dermatitis often consists of :
- Regular use of dandruff shampoo
- Applying medications to the skin for a specific period of time
- Using a barrier cream
Best Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoos
There are a lot of different types of products on the market used to treat seborrheic dermatitis and it becomes hard to know which one is best and most effective, but no need to worry. In this article, we have listed the top rated 10 SHAMPOOS whose ingredients are known best to help manage the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis.
1. Head And Shoulders Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
Head and shoulders are believed to be the best shampoo for fighting seborrheic dermatitis, it is formulated to fight the symptoms and cause for all hair types.
2. Dhs Zinc Shampoobuy from amazon
This shampoo calms irritated and inflamed scalp, provides effective relief of itching and flaking, conditions and heals the scalp. It is safe for all skin types and will help improve the look and feel of the scalp.
3. Puriya Dandruff Shampoobuy from amazon
This is Also the beat anti-dandruff hair shampoo, it contains a therapeutic mixture of arnica rosemary, sage, tea tree oil and wheat protein for powerful relief from scalp itching and flaking.
The antifungal and antibacterial properties it contains provide Auric relief from an itchy scalp. PURIYA hair shampoo is safe for use on colored hair and all other hair types.
4. Mg217 Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
This shampoo controls symptoms is psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis and will control itching, flaking a d scalp build up.
Its ingredients are harmless and are best for all skin types. However, regular use of this shampoo is not advised, it should be used for a certain period of time.
5. Neutrogena T Gel Shampoobuy from amazon
Neutrogena T-Gel therapeutic hair care is a line of dermatologists recommend shampoos, formulated to treat itchy flaking scalp. This shampoo us strong enough to relieve itching and flaking hours after rinsing but gentle enough to use it every single day.
6. Nizoral – Ketoconazole Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
This shampoo controls flaking, scaling and itching associated with dandruff.
It is for external use only and should not be used on the scalp that is broken or inflamed and if allergic to the ingredients.
7. Selsun Blue- Selenium Sulfide Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
This is a doctor recommended shampoo fit seborrheic dermatitis, it is medicated with menthol and is specially formulated to control the itching and flaking of serious dandruff, making your hair soft and manageable.
8. Jason Natural Dandruff Relief Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
One 12 Oz bottle of Jason dandruff relief treatment shampoo gently cleanses and nourishes the hair while controlling scalp dermatitis and mild Psoriasis.
9. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
Gently washes away impurities, its great for all hair types, this invigorating cleanser leaves strands refreshingly clean and full of shine. It sooth the scalp living the hair with a divine smell.
10. Neutrogena T/Sal Salicylic Acid Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoobuy from amazon
This effective formula contains 3% salicylic acid, a clinically proven active ingredient to managing seborrheic dermatitis.
Precautions For Use
These shampoos used to treat seborrheic dermatitis shouldn’t be used for extended periods of time without correct medical advice from the doctor.
If you notice any abnormal skin irritation, or if symptoms become worse, stop using these shampoos immediately and consult your doctor.