Love it or hate it Turmeric milk has its own give and takes… and if you read what really happens when you drink turmeric milk daily… you will never look at golden turmeric milk the same again!
So, What happens when you drink turmeric milk every day?
Drinking turmeric milk daily may be just what the doctor ordered and according to published research, when you drink turmeric milk daily, you are actually increasing the flow of mucus as turmeric has a compound that makes mucus flow easily and lightens its texture.
It is this draining of your sinuses, and cleansing of the clogged thick mucus that allows for fewer headaches, thanks to turmeric milk’s thinning in blood properties which also promotes sinus drainage.
What is the benefit of drinking milk and turmeric?
Drinking turmeric milk daily provides huge benefits to anyone who takes time out to make golden milk especially when you have a knack for mixing it with various spices.
A beneficial turmeric milk drink mixture such as turmeric and cinnamon is the one thing you should be drinking soon after a good workout too.
With turmeric milk-drinking, you can not get it wrong! At the lowest end of all benefits that come with drinking milk;
1. Reduced Inflammation
Turmeric dramatically reduces inflammation of vital organs, and it has so many benefits to the human body. Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce inflammation in the body which is one os the causes of weight gain.
2. Lower Blood Sugar
Drinking turmeric milk also lowers your blood sugar levels, high cholesterol, and blood pressure. By doing this, it helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure, blood sugar level, and high cholesterol. Turmeric also helps to reduce fat tissue growth, control sugar level, and prevent insulin resistance.
Drinking milk with turmeric daily will help detoxify your digestive system, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties break down fat tissue growth, resulting in excess fat not to be stored in the body. It also increases bile juice production in the stomach that help metabolism.
4. Immune Boost
Turmeric benefits also include the relenting boost of the immune system you get from drinking turmeric milk daily and this drink is also known for helping to ease your bowels and digestive system too.
5. Improved Sleep
With all of your faculties in your body feeling finetuned, do not be surprised to see that you get a good deep restful sleep faster, and wake up feeling refreshed.
Golden milk’s ingredients, which are ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric, contain anti-inflammatory properties. Reducing inflammation can help prevent or manage conditions including heart disease.
What turmeric milk is good for?
What and why turmeric milk is essential
What Is Turmeric Milk Good For? Turmeric is known as one of the most potent and effective spices utilized in cooking. Turmeric also has embedded health advantages.
- Maintain fitness, weight loss, skincare, and heal wound quickly.
- Strengthening the immune system, internal recovery, curing wounds and improving virility (having strength and energy).
- Besides being used as a spice, turmeric is likewise used to make an energy drink (haldi doodh) and as a treatment for almost all possible ailments.
[amazon_link asins=’B078SXKHCX,B00VWG3UR6,B01MRL0VKE,B01L6K6ENO,B01CRXAYH6,B073Y8J9DL,B01EJ4WJIS,B01HQWM6ZG’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’toodlehubus01-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7d48caa3-afd4-11e8-a746-9f51f5f1a61b’]
What makes turmeric so special? Turmeric is so special and useful to human health because of the presence of a chemical compound referred to as Curcumin, an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
How does adding turmeric to milk assist healthy life?
- The chemical compound known as Curcumin has the capability to get absorbed inside the fats and tissues of our body, once absorbed it begins the healing process.
- The turmeric then turns into a body cleansing agent (antioxidant) that suppress fats so you lose weight easily.
- Applying turmeric on the skin to help fight infection like acne, eczema psoriasis and some skin conditions like under eye dark skin, stretch marks, and skin aging.
Do not add more than a pinch of turmeric into your milk tumbler if you are planning on using it as an everyday diet solution.
Curcumin side effects
- Curcumin is unsafe for pregnant women
- Curcumin can cause gallbladder problems to worsen
- Curcumin can cause a bleeding problem by slowing blood clotting
- Curcumin can reduce blood sugar and can affect people with diabetes
- Curcumin can cause stomach problems like GERD to be worse
- Curcumin can make hormone-sensitive conditions worse
- Curcumin can lower testosterone levels and reduce sperm movement causing infertility in men
- Curcumin can reduce the absorption of iron causing iron deficiency (not good for people with iron deficiency)
- Curcumin may slow blood clotting and cause extra bleeding during surgery
- It is easy for Curcumin to get deposited in the intestine when used too many times and in large quantity.
If you intend to use turmeric for a medical reason, consult your doctor.
Benefits of turmeric milk for the body
There are vital reasons why turmeric is good for you. For weight loss add some turmeric to your glass of milk as a diet plan.
- Adding turmeric to your glass of milk at night before going to bed acts as an anti-aging, relaxation and good sleep.
- Turmeric milk fastens the restoration and recovery from injuries, illnesses, bodily trauma, and surgical treatment.
- Turmeric milk has antiseptic properties.
- Turmeric milk has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric milk has anti-microbial properties.
- Turmeric milk has anti-allergic properties.
- Turmeric milk is good for treating joint and bone injuries (e.g arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis).
- It also helps with combating pores and skin infection issues, and hypersensitive reactions.
Most people also use turmeric milk with a pinch of black pepper, this is because black pepper has a compound known as Piperine which enhances the viability and strength of Curcumin present in turmeric.
Piperine allows the absorption of antibiotics in the body and also induces anti-inflammatory action.
Does drinking turmeric milk lighten skin
Turmeric has so many benefits to the human body and skin, this includes skin complexion and glowing skin, skin brightening, skin rejuvenation for dull-looking skin. These are among the benefits of turmeric. As used in India haldi celebration on the bride and groom to boost skin glowing making them look really beautiful and young. The presence curcumin which is an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant makes it perfect use for skin lightening.
To answer the questions “does drinking turmeric milk lighten skin” here are some of the skin benefits of turmeric milk:
Turmeric benefits for skin
To reduce dark circles
You can reduce the appearance of dark circles using turmeric, especially for tired under-eye bags. Some products target under eye dark circle, turmeric can serve as a home under eyes remedy. Why turmeric help reduces dark circles caused by poor circulation are; it is a lightening agent, an anti-inflammatory, skin alleviating, stimulates circulation, and reduce under-eye puffiness.
To treat a skin condition
Turmeric can also help treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis due to the high content of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Researches have found that turmeric can help treat psoriasis, help to reduce redness caused by eczema.
- The mix:
- Mix turmeric and honey, measuring it at equal sizes, then apply the mix on affected areas.
To heal acne
Acne can easily spread around the skin causing skin redness and swelling, applying antiseptic and anti-inflammatory turmeric will reduce the spread (antibacterial) and stop the redness swelling (anti-inflammatory).
- The mix:
- Mix turmeric and honey, measuring it at equal sizes, then apply the mix on affected areas, allow 30 minutes before washing.
To lighten acne scars
Among the turmeric benefits to the skin is the reduction of excess melanin production due to turmeric containing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents by lightening scars and produce an even skin tone. This will help reduce marks created by breakouts, and one turmeric product which can do that is the Vicco turmeric skin cream for beautiful skin tone.
To prevent aging and sunburn
Turmeric moisturizing creams can be the answer to fine line and brown spots caused by sun damage say, researchers. Turmeric creams protect the skin from UVB exposure and help to protect skin elasticity. To achieve this, it can either be ingested or applied to the skin. But if you want to buy an already made product, you should try turmeric radiance mask, or you can do it yourself below.
- The mix:
- How do I apply turmeric on my face?
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric and apply to face, rinse after 15 minutes.
To reduce stretch marks
Turmeric penetrates the skin and improves skin membrane functions which help to lighten the appearance of stretch marks, though stretch marks are hard to eliminate, the turmeric paste can help reduce their appearance.
- The mix:
- Mix one tablespoon of virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of turmeric and lemon juice, then apply to skin. You can apply this twice a day or less depending on you.
To prevent dry skin
Turmeric helps to remove dead skin cells by hydrating and revitalizing the skin naturally, protects skin from any damage and promotes softer healthy skin. The more you ingest or apply turmeric like the turmeric spices and tea the more moisturized your skin becomes.
Organic Turmeric powder
Is drinking turmeric water good for skin?
When you mix turmeric and lemon juice and drink this in the morning, this help detoxifies your body and improve the digestive system. When your body and digestive system has been rid of impurities, making you feel more relaxed, energized and ready to go, then it can improve your skin tone.
Can we apply turmeric on face daily?
Yes, you can apply turmeric on face daily, unless if you notice any side effects which we have not received complaints about. To know more about “What does turmeric do to your face” read more above. Applying a mixture of turmeric and honey and applying to face before going to bed to help improve skin tone, remove skin sagging, and also serve as an anti-aging remedy. Applying turmeric and going to bed may cause stains on the bed, always wash face at least 30 minutes after applying.
Can turmeric burn belly fat?
One of the causes of obesity is inflammation in the body, and the antioxidant in curcumin help to suppress this condition in the mucous cells, fat and pancreatic. The suppression of these conditions helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure, blood sugar level, and high cholesterol. Curcumin can also suppress fat tissue growth, regulate sugar levels and prevent insulin resistance, resulting in excess fat not to be stored in the body. Also, turmeric consumed accordingly help to increase bile production, a digestive juice in the stomach that help metabolism.
- The mix:
- Boil a cup of water, when water starts boiling add a pinch of turmeric and also cinnamon powder a pinch (if you want), stir it till its a complete mix, pour the mix in a cup and let it cool to lukewarm, then you can drink it.
- You can also make turmeric milk by heating a cup of milk for about 5 minutes, pour it in a cup and add turmeric powder, mix properly and drink the mixture.
Is it good to drink turmeric water in empty stomach?
You can drink turmeric water on an empty stomach in the morning after you wake up. Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder, honey, and lemon juice in lukewarm water and drink every day in an empty stomach early in the morning.
Can turmeric cause weight gain?
Turmeric is often used for weight loss and not for weight gain. In every weight loss process or procedures, if you stop performing those process and procedures you are likely to gain back weight. Drinking turmeric tea combine with exercises will help you lose more weight. Do you take turmeric in large quantity as this can have side effects?
How often should I drink turmeric tea?
Here is some guidance on how often you should drink turmeric tea a day.
- For a condition that causes joints to become painful and stiff (osteoarthritis): Take 500mg turmeric powder 2x a day for a period of 2 1/2 months.
- To reduce cholesterol (weight loss): Take 700mg turmeric powder 2x a day for a period of 2 1/2 months.
- For any skin condition: Take 500mg turmeric powder 3x a day for 2 months.
Is turmeric bad for kidneys?
Even though turmeric has some anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial to the body, long time ingestion of curcumin can increase levels of liver enzymes study finds. According to the BMJ case report; A blood test on a woman taking turmeric supplements for over 8 month shows an increase in her liver enzymes an indication of liver problems.
Can turmeric cure pimples?
Turmeric has an antibacterial property which is usually a remedy to reduce acne infections, remove acne scars, protect against sunburn, and aide in the anti-aging process. Applying turmeric on the face can reduce redness and blemishes, treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis due to the high content of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Almond Milk With Turmeric – Turmeric Almond Milk Benefits:
- How to Make Turmeric, Milk and Honey – Turmeric Almond Milk Drink – Golden Milk Paste:
- What Is Turmeric Milk Good For?:
- Side Effects Of Bitter Leaf Juice:
- How To Detox Your Body Naturally:
- 17 Benefits Of Drinking Milk With Honey And Turmeric:
- Turmeric Almond Milk Drink
[thrive_posts_gallery category=’28’ title=”” no_posts=”10″ filter=”popular”]
- 1 So, What happens when you drink turmeric milk every day?
- 2 What is the benefit of drinking milk and turmeric?
- 3 What turmeric milk is good for?
- 4 How does adding turmeric to milk assist healthy life?
- 5 Curcumin side effects
- 6 Benefits of turmeric milk for the body
- 7 Does drinking turmeric milk lighten skin
- 8 Is drinking turmeric water good for skin?
- 9 Can we apply turmeric on face daily?
- 10 Can turmeric burn belly fat?
- 11 Is it good to drink turmeric water in empty stomach?
- 12 Can turmeric cause weight gain?
- 13 How often should I drink turmeric tea?
- 14 Is turmeric bad for kidneys?
- 15 Can turmeric cure pimples?
What is sweet almond oil? Before going through where to buy sweet almond oil, let us see what it is. Sweet almond oil is a plant that produces kernels that are a familiar food. Sweet almond oil...
What is a bitter leaf? Bitter leaf is mostly found in West Africa and is a green leaf vegetable. A bitter leaf can actually grow anywhere and has huge health benefits. The botanical name for a...