- Protecting your NCB or NCD allows you to have a certain amount of “at fault” accidents without affecting the NCD.
- So if you have an accident, the no-claim bonus NCB remains intact regardless of the possibility that your insurer can’t claim their expenses back.
- Each insurance company has different guidelines regarding how many claims are allowed.
- This won’t necessarily stop your premiums going up after a claim, as car insurance companies will surely use your claims history to calculate premiums, with your no-claim bonus discount NCD calculated at the end.
- Any remaining no claim bonus NCB or NCD you have after the claim may bring down your new premium, however, there’s no guarantee that it’ll be lower than the previous year.
Can I use my bonus NCB on two cars?