What is sweet almond oil?
Before going through where to buy sweet almond oil, let us see what it is. Sweet almond oil is a plant that produces kernels that are a familiar food. Sweet almond oil produced by pressing the kernel is used to make medicines and also used for skin and hair.
Uses of sweet almond oil
- Sweet almond oil is used as a remedy for cancer of the bladder
- It is applied directly to the skin to soften chapped skin, to soothe mucous membranes and kills germs
- Sweet almond oil is used to dissolve certain medications in a liquid so that they can be given as shots
- Can be used as a tasty salad dressing
- Almond oil gives your meal nutty flavor
- Almond oil can be used on pasta
- Almond oil can be used as a moisturizer for sensitive skin
- Almond oil can be used to ease skin dryness
- Almond oil can be used to make a hydrating hair mask
- Almond oil can serve as a carrier oil for diluting essential oil.
How does sweet almond oil work?
Sweet almond oil contains many fatty acids and works as a laxative.
The oily ingredients, when applied directly to the skin help, chapped skin to heal and be smooth. Also, using almond oil with essential oil for massages help with the skin.
Benefits of sweet almond oil for hair and skin
- Sweet almond oil gives smooth flawless skin: When gently applied into the skin, it gets absorbed making it suitable for after bath application.
- Sweet almond oil Eczema and Psoriasis: Eczema and Psoriasis come due to the body’s own reaction to external and internal triggers and will leave the skin of the affected dry and itchy. So when you apply Sweet almond oil to the affected skin, it helps it stay soft and hydrated reducing itchiness and dryness all at once this is because almond oil is a mild hypoallergenic oil, it moisture the skin without irritating it further.
- Sweet almond oil reduces fine lines and other signs of aging. When you apply Sweet almond oil to the skin, it helps it stay rejuvenated because it keeps the skin smooth and moisture promoting the production of collagen.
- Sweet almond oil has an ability to penetrate the hair shaft, moisturizing it from the inside, this is because it has saturated and monosaturated fatty acids.
- Sweet almond oil makes the hair to look bright, shiny and silky
- When applied to dry damaged hair it reawakens the weak ends. You mix sweet almond oil with castor oil base with rosemary essential oil and rub into the ends daily.
- To heal superficial skin burns
- Help to boost collagen production
- Help to keep the skin supple and hydrated
- Protect against damage from UV radiation
- Help to relieve muscular aches
- Help purge the skin of toxins
- Help hair growth and increase thickness, softness and healthy hair.
Best sweet almond oil for dark circles
Almond oil works for many reasons and one of them is dark circles. But to produce the desired result, the process is slow this is due to the underlying causes of the dark circle. Dark circles can sometimes be hereditary, eliminating this type can be difficult, so pay close attention to that. Also iron deficiency, lack of sleep, rubbing eyes excessively, all these are some causes of dark circles.
One of the main properties which help for dark circles is vitamin E, this helps to fade away dark circles. To use almond for dark circles, I will suggest a cold press almond oil like Rogan Badam Shirin sweet almond oil and Viva naturals sweet almond oil.
To make this mixture, you will need a cold press almond oil and aloe vera gel. Why aloe vera? Aloe vera help soothe the eyes and reduce the puffiness.
Add one or two drops into the aloe vera and mix, apply the mix around the eyes. There are other products which can help with dark circles, they include Sebamed anti-ageing q10 lifting eye cream and Olay Regenerist eye cream.
Almond oil for dark circles how long will it take, this depends on the underlying cause, if it is hereditary then this may take a longer time, or may not even go away. If it is caused by other elements, then a constant application can see dark circles reduce withing weeks.
Whare to buy sweet almond oil
There are many places where you can buy sweet almond oil, online as well as on the local markets. Here we have listed some online stores where you can purchase the Sweet almond oil in the comfort of your home.
- You can buy viva natural Sweet almond oil 16 FL Oz, 100% pure and hexane-free, ideal for skin and hair on Amazon. It only costs $12.62
- Buy Maroma Sweet almond oil 200 ml at only £8.45 at Holland and Barret online store.
- You can also buy it at Bulkpothecary.com where it costs $4.36
Best almond oil brand for dark circles
Kate Blanc Sweet Almond Oil
This 100% pure sweet almond oil by Kate Blanc the perfect carrier oil for all-purpose, very natural and free from hexane and cold-pressed. If you are looking for pure undiluted and fragrance-free almond oil, this is what you need, the best almond oil for eyes.
It good for reducing flakes, and dry skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It also serves as natural anti-aging oil and works by tightening the skin including face, and lips, a source of vitamin E.
- Virgin and unrefined
- Serves as a skin massage oil
- Great facial oil
- Best carrier oil
Disadvantages of almond oil on face and body
- It can trigger allergic reactions especially for people who are allergic to nuts.
- Regular consumption can lead to weight gain, this is because almond oil has a high-fat content.
- May have increased risk or preterm birth in pregnant women especially if used during pregnancy.
- Almond oil may lower blood glucose levels and excessive use can dangerously reduce blood sugar for those with diabetes.
- Health professionals may use almond oil injection to treat some health issues which may cause an embolism (when blood flow is blocked due to fat in the blood) and should be done properly.
- Bitter almond can cause cyanide poisoning and death due to overdose because of its toxicity.
Can almond oil clog pores?
Can almond oil clog pores? Almond oil is safe for most skin types and uses, including dry, oily and sensitive skin. The properties contain in almond oil help clean the pores without clogging pores. Almond oil can easily absorb into the skin, rub between hands to warm it up then apply to skin.
Is almond oil okay for face?
Is almond oil okay for the face? Almond oil is safe for most skin types and uses, including dry, oily and sensitive skin, but you to be careful especially if you are allergic to nuts. But the best way to find out especially if you haven’t used it before is to do a patch test on skin before applying on your face.
How often should you use almond oil on your face?
How often should you use almond oil on your face? You should apply almond oil between once or twice a day, remember the result doesn’t come in one day, it is a gradual process. Applying almond randomly or excessively to get quick results is not advisable.
Does almond oil cause hyperpigmentation?
Does almond oil cause hyperpigmentation? Almond oil is known for many good things like soothes the skin and shines hair, it also contains niacinamide that helps lightens skin pigmentation, and can be used to treat hyperpigmentation, dark under-eye cycles, blemishes, age spots, and lightening suntans.
After reading through, I have no doubt you know where to buy sweet almond oil for less than the high street shop. Also, You have seen some of the benefits of almond oil and the disadvantages of almond oil. You will agree with me that almond oil has so many benefits and you should stock this carrier oil in your home.
- 1 What is sweet almond oil?
- 2 Uses of sweet almond oil
- 3 How does sweet almond oil work?
- 4 Benefits of sweet almond oil for hair and skin
- 5 Best sweet almond oil for dark circles
- 6 Whare to buy sweet almond oil
- 7 Best almond oil brand for dark circles
- 8 Kate Blanc Sweet Almond Oil
- 9 Disadvantages of almond oil on face and body
- 10 Sulu Organics Sweet Almond Oil
- 11 Soapeauty Sweet Almond oil
- 12 Can almond oil clog pores?
- 13 NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil
- 14 Rogan Badam Shirin sweet almond oil
- 15 Horbaach Sweet Almond Oil
- 16 Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil for
- 17 PURA D’OR Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 18 Molivera Organics Sweet Almond Oil
- 19 Handcraft Pure Sweet Almond Oil
- 20 ArtNaturals Premium Sweet Almond Oil
- 21 Natures Leaf Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 22 Majestic Pure Sweet Almond Oil, Super
- 23 Is almond oil okay for face?
- 24 How often should you use almond oil on your face?
- 25 Does almond oil cause hyperpigmentation?
- 26 Conclusion
Vinegar as we know it has found its place in our kitchen and has been in use for centuries, as far as memory kind hold. Vinegar is been used as an ingredient for baking, making salad dressings, as a...
We have so far looked at what grape vinegar is, their categories, the benefits of grape vinegar, and we also look at the side effects of grape vinegar, and the benefits of grape vinegar for hair. We...