WHY DO I HAVE PERMANENT EYE BAGS?
Eye bags are one of the most common complaints people have, they make you look tired, dull and older than your real she.
Eye bags are a result of fluid retention whereby excessive water is stored in the skin tissue underneath the eyes.
In this article, we have listed the 5 common causes of eye bags and how you can reduce them.
(1) LACK OF SLEEP CAN LEAD TO HAVING EYE BAGS
Insufficient sleep at night is the most common causes of eye bags, this is because lack of sleep prevents the body from flushing out excess fluid which then gathers in the tissue under eyes, causing eye bags to appear.
Adults should sleep for 8 hours per night. This will reduce your susceptibility to eye bags.
(2) EYE BAGS ARE A NATURAL PART OF THE AGING PROCESS
As you get older, the fat under your skin’s surface starts to droop and this misplacement of fat is what leads to bags under the eyes. Ligaments and muscles that hold the fat together within our face also start to weaken causing the skin to sag and then making eyes bags become visible.
(3) HORMONAL CHANGES DURING MENSTRUATION AND PREGNANCY CAN LEAD TO HAVING EYE BAGS
These hormonal changes cause water retention which will result in bags under your eyes.
(4) SMOKING CAN LEAD TO HAVING EYE BAGS
Smoking kills healthy cells in your body and breaks down the production of collagen. This then will accelerate the aging process and the appearance of eye bags. When you smoke, your skin becomes so thirsty and the body retains water in the eye area, to avoid the skin becoming even more dehydrated, this will eventually lead to eye bags.
(5) ALLERGIES CAN CAUSE EUE BAGS
When a person suffers an allergic reaction, the body releases chemicals that cause your eyes to swell and become puffy. Allergens then accelerate the fluid buildup underneath the eyes which causes the skin to bulge and then form eye bags.
HOW TO GET RID OF EYE BAGS
If you want to get rid of eye bags, there a number of short-term, long-term and cosmetics solutions at your disposal. here we have listed the 4 long-terms ways of getting rid of eye bags.
(1) DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND AVOID SMOKING
Eye bags are caused by retention of water due to high salt concentration in the area. So flush excess salt from your system by drinking plenty of water, stay from drinks that cause you to become dehydrated like alcohol and coffee and avoid smoking.
(2) TREAT YOUR ALLERGIES
The skin around your eyes is thinner than any skin on the rest of your body, so fluids tend to collect there and puff out the skin…
It is advised to use an allergy medication to treat hay fever and other seasonal allergies. Avoid spending your time near allergy sources like flowers, dust or animals.
(3) ALWAYS TREAT YOUR FACE GENTLY
Under the eye, skin is thin and fragile, thus easy to damage and make it weaker which leads to even bigger bags.
So don’t go to sleep wearing makeup as some makeups contain harmful ingredients to the skin. Moisturizer your face every night, making sure that your eyes area get enough moisture, which helps skin retain elasticity and strength.
(4) AVOID EATING SALTY DINNER
It’s not a problem to eat salty foods for once in a while, the problem comes when you make it your daily habit to have salty foods every day. Salty food dehydrates your body and causes water retention, leading to eye bags.
[thrive_posts_gallery category=’358′ title=”YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS” no_posts=”4″ filter=”recent”]
- 1 WHY DO I HAVE PERMANENT EYE BAGS?
- 1.1 (1) LACK OF SLEEP CAN LEAD TO HAVING EYE BAGS
- 1.2 (2) EYE BAGS ARE A NATURAL PART OF THE AGING PROCESS
- 1.3 (3) HORMONAL CHANGES DURING MENSTRUATION AND PREGNANCY CAN LEAD TO HAVING EYE BAGS
- 1.4 (4) SMOKING CAN LEAD TO HAVING EYE BAGS
- 1.5 (5) ALLERGIES CAN CAUSE EUE BAGS
- 1.6 HOW TO GET RID OF EYE BAGS
- 1.7 (1) DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND AVOID SMOKING
- 1.8 (2) TREAT YOUR ALLERGIES
- 1.9 (3) ALWAYS TREAT YOUR FACE GENTLY
- 1.10 (4) AVOID EATING SALTY DINNER