Wondering why is my face breaking out all of a sudden?
Acne could be the reason why your skin is breaking out all of a sudden, and the factors to this acne breakout could be:
- Hormonal Imbalances due to Menstrual Cycles.
- Medicines with Corticosteroids properties
- Testosterone or Lithium
- Dietary Deficiencies or changes.
Acne is a devious skin inflaming disease caused by a number of factors that affect the functions of the body and hormonal imbalances. When you have an acne breakout, the affected area of the skin has an explicit presence of pimple-like formations of the skin. Teenage acne is the most recurring skin breakouts, so much that even adults have come to ignore the other causes of acne, and associated every possible skin breaking with adolescence disease found present.
Reality is acne skin breakout can continue to dominate even into adulthood life. The belief that only teenagers can suffer from acne is widely adopted as many of the skin breakings is due to changes in hormone levels which is prevalent as we are growing up.
Some quarters of the acne problem experts will tell you that most of the acne cases, goes away in the later stages of adulthood. Truth is skin free from acne is only possible if you are willing to look at your lifestyle changes, a facial cleansing routine for getting rid of acne and long-term dietary needs for the treatment of acne breakout is highly recommended. Otherwise, without proper treatment, any acne guarantees that it will go away is not entirely true.
Acne is mainly caused by the lesions that are occurring in the hair follicle cells and the sebaceous gland in the skin. The entire skin id disfigured starting from a specific area if it is not treated at the right time.
Why is my face breaking out all of a sudden
These lesions are caused in the skin mainly by the abnormal production of a certain bacteria that is present in the skin due to the increased sebum presence in the skin. The skin has the outermost layer of the dermis and when the presence of the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes is high, it leads to damaging of the dermis layer resulting in the reddening of the skin and appearance of a pimple like enlargements.
Symptoms of Acne
The main symptoms of Acne are the appearance of pustules in the facial region and sometimes in the shoulder and the neck regions. The exact nature and intensity of the infection depends on the individual and is very much subjective. The pustules may sometimes begin to appear but fade off with time. Such cases are mild infections and need for special treatments. But the extreme cases may involve spreading of the pimples, nodules structures to other nearby regions. The advanced stages of the pustules are called cysts as they become large in sizes with a fluid-filled appearance.
Main causes of acne
Hormones are the main causes of acne, as the imbalances in hormone seem to exacerbate the hyperactivity of the hormones in the body. These imbalances can occur due to menstruation cycles, puberty, as it directly affects the production of male hormones in increased capacity and the androgens production as it also goes high in numbers
Thus the sebum production is also high leading to the appearance of the enlargements in the skin.
Stress is another good example of causes of unexplained skin lesions that can lead to potential causes of the Acne.
In case you did not know, stress indirectly leads to the production of hormones from the adrenal glands. This, in turn, leads to the creation of more hormonal imbalance. In some other cases, there are already hyperactive sebaceous glands.
In such vulnerable cases, the other risk factors if present may lead to the infection of acne with more intensity. The bacteria may sometimes be blocking the pores in the skin and in some other cases the dead cells may accumulate and may lead to the appearance of the pustules in the skin.
The anabolic steroids when frequently used will lead to more hormonal production and thus may lead to an increased probability of Acne infection.
The other environmental conditions like the exposure to chemical reagents, chlorine compounds and any other chemically reactive to the skin and the medication high in halogenic compounds are found to increase the risks of acquiring acne disease.
Overexposure sun rays, especially for those who work under the sun all day and the improper maintenance skin are seen as the main causes of the acne disease.
The main treatment of acne
The main treatment of the acne disease is the primary treatment for the products that are widely available in the market.
The products are more like creams or gels that can be applied to the skin. The treatment to be effective there has to be a regular and periodic application of the medication for more than a couple of weeks.
Though the recommended usage period involves less and the effects may start at an early stage, the medication to be taken for more time to avoid the factors of recurrence. Most of the products are ineffective because the medicine is not acting subjectively. The products may sometimes be effective only in parts and in such cases, the persistent use may lead to better results.
- Consumption of ample amounts of water: Easy, common, obvious.
- Regular face wash/bath: the Regular cleansing of the skin is necessary to avoid blockages of pores. Wash twice a day, morning and before bed, and a soap that contains a moisturizer helps.
- A paste of baking soda: Reduces the redness and itching due to acne.
- Oatmeal paste: Mix your oatmeal with warm water to form a paste and apply it to the affected area for about twenty minutes. Ideal if you regularly eat oatmeal!
- Facial masks: A paste made of a combination of grated apples(made into pulp) and a splash of honey (about four tablespoons) can be used as a facial mask, apply it for ten minutes.
Resorcinol: Controls small acne by breaking down whiteheads and blackheads.shop on amazon
Salicylic Acid: Effective on non-inflammatory lesions, Might cause skin irritation. Does not reduce sebum or fight bacteria.shop on amazon
Sulfur: Used in combination with the above chemicals found to be effective, though the reasons for its effects are still in the dark.shop on amazon
B5 vitamins: Are tablets as opposed to the above applicable chemicals. It has been proved an aid to fighting acne.shop on amazon
Prevention of Acne
- The best thing to do is the prevention of the disease than the seeking for a cure at a later stage.
- The Acne disease can be easily prevented by following certain health factors of life.
- The main ways of prevention are the ones that will help us to maintain our skin in proper condition for a long time.
- The main thing to do this is to avoid overexposure to sunlight.
- If your skin is exposed to the sunlight that too intense sunlight then there is more chance that your skin may accumulate dirt and blockages.
- This may, in turn, lead to an appearance of pustules.
- Once when you get some pustules that indicate the starting stages of the acne, try not to spread it to the nearby regions by scratching them or touching them with your hand often.
- Also cleanse your skin with mild or moderate soap or lotion regularly, to keep your skin free of dirt.
- The other aspect of treatment is that there may be a presence of irregularities in the surface of the skin leading to an odd look to the skin.
- There are other treatments to handle these situations.
- But this is not getting you the original smooth skin that you had.
- So it is always best to have the preventive measures taken than seeking the cures!
- There are however many advancements made in the field of medical treatments.
- The blue light therapy and the laser treatments are more efficient and can cleanse your skin free of any pustules.
- The main thing in the avoidance of the acne disease is the proper care of the skin and the decent healthy lifestyle.
- Regular fitness activities and the vigorous exercises may remove the possibilities of the acne disease.
- The next step towards controlling it is taking treatments at the early stages by consulting with the health care provider rather than getting it to developed stages.
Wondering why is my face breaking out all of a sudden?
- Why is my face breaking out all of a sudden
- Symptoms of Acne
- Main causes of acne
- The main treatment of acne
- Prevention of Acne